Friday, April 11, 2008

I loooove cowboys...

... although people who know me already know this.

I saw Horton Hears a Who the other week and had this musical track from a climactic part of the movie stuck in my head... which seemed like John Powell's tribute to Ennio Morricone's classic "western" sound (which I adore).

Putting me in a cowboyish mood, I drew a couple things while I looped the music track.

A bit of a stylized cowpoke... I have a thing for ponchos/drapery flapping in the wind.


A little close-up of the random cowboy


... and a pencil sketch of a weird foreshortened shot. The music felt like he was desperately reaching out for someone/something, which is actually just like the scene in the film!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

damn! i turn my back for a second and then there's all this coolness on this site. awesome! i love the new look overall too.